Loading...

I am confused with two different quotes for my hair transplant, which is right? (photo) HOLD FOR SEPT 27

I’ve gotten two hair transplant quotes from two doctors and they are so different that it becomes confusing. They both drew the same hairline that they saw is appropriate for a 35 year-old man. One doctor said I needed 2,000 grafts and the other doctor said I would needed 4,000 grafts I’m not sure who to go with (or keep looking). Your thoughts please.

First of all, I don’t agree with the hairline design as I believe it is too high.  Never the less, the quote of 4000 grafts are too large for that size area. This probably reflects a doctor who is pushing grafts to make money. The correct number will reflect the thickness of your hair shafts, fine hair takes more grafts and a coarser hair takes fewer grafts.  To find out where your hairline belongs, which is the first step, take a look at yourself in the mirror with your hair pulled back and your eyebrows lifted high so that your forehead creases. That shows the anatomic point that allows me to determine the proper place of the hairline. A mature hairline belongs one finger breadth above the highest crease of the furrowed brow in the mid-line.

The two photos on the right show a before and after in a Class 6 patient with a single hair transplant of 3,300 grafts 15 years ago. When you compare these two groups of photos, you will realize the lack of realism of the quotes.

quotesClass 6-33300 graft

The post I am confused with two different quotes for my hair transplant, which is right? (photo) HOLD FOR SEPT 27 appeared first on WRassman,M.D. BaldingBlog.



from BaldingBlog - Hair Loss Info https://ift.tt/2GWhPhX
Health Tips 2073588508553797828

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Home item