Loading...

I can’t go out in public after my FUE. What can I do? (photo)

An FUE is treated just like a regular hair transplant with regard to the recipient area. Both the recipient area and the donor area has  wounds which require daily washing with soap and water. The key is to wash off the crusts before they appear.  Within 3 days of surgery, you can resume full activities, heavy exercises if you wish. I generally recommend the use of a sponge and supply my patient with a surgical sponge to fill with soapy water and press on the recipient area daily, never rub the area with the sponge. By repeating this daily, all crusts can be washed off without any fear of losing grafts. If any crust are present, use a Q tip and dip it into soapy water, and roll it on the crusts and that will lift them off without dislodging them, but never rub them, just roll the Q tip on the recipient crust. I like to see no evidence of any crusting in the recipient area and the crusts from the donor area gone in just a couple of days and daily washing properly guarantees this.

Since you did not follow the above routine, you now should leave a shampoo on your scalp for 15 minutes and do this twice a day. Gentle massage of the grafts as they will loosen and then the crusts will come off over a few days of this routine.

poor po care

The post I can’t go out in public after my FUE. What can I do? (photo) appeared first on WRassman,M.D. BaldingBlog.



from BaldingBlog - Hair Loss Info https://ift.tt/2Egjxo3
Health Tips 2350158707469201523

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Home item