Loading...

How long does finasteride work?

I’ve used Min and Fin for 18 months, and it’s worked well. It’s slowed recession to 85-97% – though it’s hard to be objective – and there’s some light Min regrowth around my hairline. If it kept working like this indefinitely, I’d be rapt. … and that’s what I’m wondering. Many users – and, IIRC, studies – report efficacy of both these medications to at least somewhat dip over time. But I’ve anecdotally seen people on other forums talk about 10-15 years of use.

So how many Fin users ( and/or Big 3 users ) have reported good results from the drugs that have simply maintained anywhere near the same level of results over 5-10+ years? In other words: who are kept near to what they started with and had decent-to-strong long-term results – and/or even gains? 

I have seen the finasteride work for as long as it has been on the market. I know that because one of my patients, 62, was on it since it was released, but decided to stop it and got ‘catch-up hair loss’. He was devastated. He went back on the drug, but did not get all of his hair back.

The post How long does finasteride work? appeared first on WRassman,M.D. BaldingBlog.



from BaldingBlog - Hair Loss Info https://ift.tt/2IHPlso
Health Tips 3985369359521463025

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Home item