Loading...

Medications and Hair Loss. Can you beat the hair loss with medications for years?

Thank you, Dr. Rassman. I know I am definitely thinning. Especially after shaving my hair. In certain lighting it looked like I had no hair in my corners and I could see straight through to the scalp. I have been using minoxidil with a bunch of hair sprouting along the hairline. And a great change in density. I did have a question for you though, how long would minoxidil keep my hairline? And if I start on finasteride, how long would that keep my hairline. I am being optimistic but I am hoping it extends my current density for the next decade if I use both together. I am also very hopeful that there will be better alternatives in the next decade, or quite possibly a cure.

I also would rather not consult my doctor as I know it is very obvious I am experiencing hair loss. I mean, I will have to when I go for finasteride. But I am someone who participates in homeopathy up to a point. So I would rather not alter my hormones unless it is my last resort.

Combining both minoxidil and finasteride will give you the best opportunity to hold on to your hair loss. I always tell my patients to look at hair loss as a ‘tug of war’, with treatment on one side and the hair loss process on the other side. As long as the pull from the medications is stronger than the genetic pull, you win. When the pull reverses, hair loss is the consequence.

The post Medications and Hair Loss. Can you beat the hair loss with medications for years? appeared first on WRassman,M.D. BaldingBlog.



from BaldingBlog - Hair Loss Info https://ift.tt/2FUlkQF
Health Tips 8615866668729467169

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Home item