Loading...

I Have Systemic Lupus and Have Scars on My Scalp. Can I Get a Hair Transplant to Treat These Defects?

People with autoimmune diseases like Lupus, LPP, FFA, alopecia areata, and alopecia totalis can’t be treated with hair transplants while the disease is active. For all of the diseases mentioned (except alopecia totalis, which is not transplantable), the disease must be inactive for 3 years.  There is always a risk of recurrence even after 3 years, in which case, if it should happen, all of the transplanted grafts would then be lost.

The post I Have Systemic Lupus and Have Scars on My Scalp. Can I Get a Hair Transplant to Treat These Defects? appeared first on WRassman,M.D. BaldingBlog.



from BaldingBlog - Hair Loss Info https://ift.tt/2sItkzs
Health Tips 1726639340445881087

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Home item