Loading...

Lifetime Term Finasteride Use

Hi, Doc. First of all, I want to thank you for your contributions. You are doing wonderful things through your site. My question concerns Propecia. I have been on it for roughly 13 years or so now. I am now 35. I have had fantastic results with it, and I have never any issues while being on it, sexual or otherwise. None whatsoever.

I am just concerned (and I may very well be allowing it to get in my head) about being on it for the rest of my life.

Do you have patients who have been taking it for years and years with no issues? What are your thoughts on some of the speculation about neurological diseases induced by Propecia? Is so much of this hype?

Finally, do you recommend blood work for your patients who take Propecia?

I am just concerned about the what ifs, but I suppose we can all do that about anything. Again, I’ve never experienced a single issue. Fathered two healthy boys while taking it, and my sexual performance has also never waned. Thank you again for all you do. I look forward to hearing from you.

 

Thanks for your nice words.  At one time, when the big finasteride study was done, the US government wanted it to become a prevention for prostate cancer. So, taking it for your lifetime, may be a reasonable thing to do. I don’t recommend any blood work for people who are taking finasteride.

The post Lifetime Term Finasteride Use appeared first on WRassman,M.D. BaldingBlog.



from BaldingBlog - Hair Loss Info https://ift.tt/2RkvWPr
Health Tips 6377959169172767725

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Home item