Loading...

Will an MRI cause hair loss?

I underwent a MRI of my head about 2 months ago. It lasted 50 minutes and included with and without contrast. It was to confirm the swelling in my eye was thyroid eye disease and not something else . Since this condition started 15 years ago I was confident if it was anything to be alarmed about I would have known a long time ago. I was not informed about possible hair loss and didn’t know of any real concern with having the MRI, along with being a registered nurse and not wanting to seem non compliant… I went along with having the MRI . Within a couple of weeks of the MRI I started to loose LARGE amounts of hair! This continued for a month! Now I am back to loosing the normal amount of hair daily, but I now have a third of the hair I had before the MRI. If I had been informed about the possibility of extreme hair loss ; in my case I would have had the luxury of NOT having the MRI and risking so much hair loss!!!!

The stress that you may have gone through could accelerate hair loss and when the stress abated, then everything went back to normal. I don’t believe that the MRI was responsible for your hair loss.

The post Will an MRI cause hair loss? appeared first on WRassman,M.D. BaldingBlog.



from BaldingBlog - Hair Loss Info https://ift.tt/2zUNpYe
Health Tips 8865742692755415246

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Home item