Loading...

22 year old received a hair transplant of 2800 grafts (from Reddit)

I write against hair transplants for 22 year old man. I think long-term on everyone and no matter what you may look like at 22, your hair loss WILL get worse in the next few years. You had 2800 grafts, that is possibly 35-40% of your total donor supply (depends on donor density) so what you have left in the donor area is ALL you have left to follow further balding as this WILL happen in the next few years. I wait until my patients are at least 25-26 before offering a hair transplant and I speak about this philosophy at medical meetings and I can tell you my views are not in the minority. It may be important for the readers to know that I make my living doing surgery so when I turn down a 22 year old, I do it for a reason and it is not for my financial benefit, but rather for the benefit of the patient. I have seen too many young men get surgery too young, and almost 100% of them regret the decision years later.  The surgery commits them to years of more surgeries and possibly never looking normal if they run out of donor hair before their balding stops. I am very big on a Master Plan for all men I transplant which takes into account the progressive process of genetic hair loss that is close to 100%.  I hope I am wrong on this one young man!

I want everyone to look at these pictures, first the man at 22, and then the man at 35. I think that these pictures tell the story I am trying to tell. This man, had he been transplanted with 2800 grafts at 22, would look like a freak at 35. https://newhair.com/baldingblog/need-master-plan-think-hair-transplants-photos/

Received a hair transplant today at 22 years old from tressless



from BaldingBlog - Hair Loss Info https://ift.tt/2TjgpDo
Health Tips 8474808902581896236

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Home item