Loading...

SMP (Scalp Micropigmentation) and Alopecia Areata, can it activate the disease more?

I see you mention SMP being a solution for patients with Alopecia Areata, but doesn’t the trauma from the head tattooing spur an auto immune reaction? I have a diffuse pattern and would love to make a contrast between black hair and white skin.  I have AA on my face (barbae) that resolves itself, however I’ve been told a hair relocation surgery would not work because it could make these conditions very angry, although I’ve never had it on my scalp.  Wouldn’t the permanent hair resolve with treatment even if transplanted since mild AA doesn’t actually “kill” the hair?

We have performed Scalp Micropigmentation on many patients with Alopecia Areata. Also we have perform  Scalpmicro Pigmentation on Alopecia Totalis. There has have been a problem in our hands activating the primary disease or aggravating the Alopcia Areata.  The pigments only go to a depth of about 0.6mm below the skin, while the hair follicles go down between 5-7 mm below the skin, much deeper than the SMP pigments go (see below).

histology of SMP

The post SMP (Scalp Micropigmentation) and Alopecia Areata, can it activate the disease more? appeared first on WRassman,M.D. BaldingBlog.



from BaldingBlog - Hair Loss Info http://bit.ly/2G8Wcdf
Health Tips 2448333448718654010

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Home item