Loading...

Can you have a hair transplant if you can’t tolerate finasteride?

So I’ve tried finasteride and minoxidil the past years but both substances had side effects for me. I also want to clarify that I still fully recommend these products. I was just unlucky because they weren’t compatible with my body chemistry, but I recovered from the side effects as soon as I quit the drug. What this leaves as the only option to regain/maintain hair is having a hair transplant. I’m not held back by the financial costs or the social stigma. So I’ve been looking up information about hair transplants. One thing I see very common is that people who undergo hair transplants combine this treatment with finasteride to avoid further hair loss. But as a person who can’t use finasteride this poses a few questions to me. Will the transplant hairs thin and fall out again? Will the non transplanted hair keep thinning causing bald spots? will I have to undergo multiple transplants to maintain the hairline? Does anyone have the answers to these questions?

Also if you have any experience or knowledge about transplants without finasteride please share it.

Transplanted hairs are not impacted by balding and should last your lifetime without finasteride. A hair transplant can be done without finasteride successfully. The concern is that the miniaturized hairs may fall out (shock loss) if your don’t take finasteride with the transplant. Still, working with your surgeon, you can predict what you might lose after your hair transplant (the native miniaturized hairs).



from BaldingBlog - Hair Loss Info https://ift.tt/woF7Rfh
Health Tips 8484026758950537804

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Home item