Loading...

Finasteride and Testicular Cancer

I’ve been on propecia 0.25mg eod for three months now and I now experience ache in my right testicle. I have varicocele or hydrocele (dont know which one is is tbh :/ ) for couple of years but further examinations said that it was nothing to worry about. Does propecia increases the risk of testicular cancer?

In the early 2000, the new England Journal of Medicine posted an article showing that finasteride reduced prostate cancer risk by 25%. I have also looked up to see if there is a relationship between finasteride and testicular cancer and I can find no evidence that there is such an association at this time. At the time of the original publication another article appeared that suggested that those who developed prostate cancer on finasteride had a more aggressive form of that cancer; however, a review at the Mayo clinic disproved that and found that more aggressive prostate cancers were not produced for men on finasteride. I found that if there is a relationship between finasteride and testicular cancer and I can find any such evidence



from WRassman,M.D. BaldingBlog https://ift.tt/gFTcmh7
Health Tips 8774937931939315471

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Home item