Loading...

How do I find an unbiased doctor?

Been lurking on this board for some time as I’ve noticed a lot more shed over the past few months/year and my hairline seems to be moving further back, slowly but surely, causing me to monitor. I’ve also noticed more and more of my scalp visible when my hair is wet.  I’m also now in my mid 30s, so not exactly panicking as I know I’ve been blessed with a ton of hair and great hairline until recent times.  I’m not sure who I can talk to, to get an honest unbiased opinion in my particular case. I feel like calling keeps, for hims, etc will result in a bias “yes start treatment” response. I just want to know is my hair loss normal? Hairline receding or just maturing?

Through my research, though it seems side effects are blown out of proportion (esp on reddit), my doctor said everyone he’s prescribed finasteride to has come back for renewals, and those who had sides saw them go away when stopping fin. I have a prescription for both Proscar 5mg (to quarter) and Propecia 1mg but hesitating. I have read that some doctors just don’t recommend due to risks associated. I just am not sure if I want to start a lifetime of hormone altering at this point, when I could just own baldhood if that’s where life takes me. And hereditary evidence suggests it will.

I’m wondering if a dermatologist would give the best opinion? I’ve seen it come up here and there when reading, seems like they wouldn’t hold a bias one way or another.

A consultation with a good doctor who cares about you and is knowledgeable about hair loss is what you need to find. Some dermatologists fit that mold and a few hair restoration surgeons fit that mold especially if they don’t try to sell you a surgery. Read here” https://baldingblog.com/go-why-do-we-need-a-master-plan/

 



from WRassman,M.D. BaldingBlog https://ift.tt/bmj20Zl
Health Tips 3153901130823634942

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Home item