Loading...

Hair pigment returning to my hair

Back in July, I started on finasteride and oral minoxidil. Since then, my hair color has returned.  What do you think is happening?

When you reverse miniaturization with drugs like finasteride, the hair shafts may return to their normal color.  If you had looked at your miniaturized hairs prior to starting the finasteride, you would have probably seen some translucent hairs.  This is part of the miniaturization process, with the addition of the drugs suggesting that you are possibly reversing it with finasteride.  
Response to my comment by patient: Thank you for the reply, Dr. The thing that surprises me is that these are not miniaturized hairs–they are healthy, thick body hairs. And the effect is limited to (one part of) my body and not my head or face. Hopefully, when the finasteride takes hold, I’ll also see some hairs convert up top. Though I will say that my hair looks darker on my head already, I’m just not seeing the abrupt repigmentation I described in my post. It’s a more gradual transition.


from BaldingBlog - Hair Loss Info https://ift.tt/mbxclZd
Health Tips 1149623368863715631

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Home item