Loading...

Hair transplant quality hairs?

So I start losing my hair about 6 years ago, I started taking medications of daily finasteride and minoxidil for three years. I had great results, some regrowth and slight overall improvement in density and quality and It has been stable ever since. However, up until this time, I’m not satisfied with my current hair especially in the frontal area. I visited two hair transplant doctors this week and they both agreed that I need a hair transplant of around 2500 grafts as the medications will not improve my hair any further.

Now, my concern is about the quality more than the quantity, sure I want density but and nice hairline but i want to solve the real problem of weak, unhealthy, frizzy hair that i believe is just a result of thr miniaturized hair. I wonder if the thick, strong follicles that I will take from donor area would restore the healthy appearance of my hair as it did during teenage years ? and is it true that the transplanted hair will become coarse?

A well-done hair transplant in the hands of a good surgeon and team will replicate the hair in the back of your head, where the hair is taken from. Most good surgeons don’t shoot for the original density; however, with less than the original density, it still can look great. Set your expectations correctly.

In the late 1980s, Dr. Marrit showed that if he plucked out half of the hairs on one side of the head in a person with black hair and medium-weight hair with an average density, the human eye could not see the difference between the two sides.  This is where the surgeon’s judgment and his/her experience come in, as just a number doesn’t tell you what you must know about transplanting a balding area.  I can’t write a book here, but I hope this explanation helps.



from BaldingBlog - Hair Loss Info https://ift.tt/eDzhiZH
Health Tips 8049782933233047111

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Home item