Loading...

One day out from transplant, what do I do?

I just had a transplant of 4000 grafts yesterday, and feel extremely scared of screwing up the result. I have, on two different occasions, accidentally touched the new hairs with light pressure, and I see no bleeding, so I guess it’s fine. But I still feel anxious since it happened only a few hours after surgery. Any other tips for the recovery period? Feels like I can’t do anything for the first week.

Your doctor should have given you directions. Washing the hair carefully is very important to wash off the crusts that form on day 1-3 (mostly on day 1). If these are not washed off, they stay around for weeks. I recommend using a surgical sponge and then filling it with soapy shampoo, pressing on the recipient area in a rolling motion, and going back to the front. Placing pressure on the surgical sponge will keep the grafts in place while the shampoo does its job to remove the crusts. Keep repeating it until all of the crusting is off. For the FUE donor area, wash it daily with your fingertips using the same shampoo you used with the sponge.



from BaldingBlog - Hair Loss Info https://ift.tt/YEjO6aS
Health Tips 809595364090601520

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Home item