Loading...

Cardiac Effusion and Minoxidil

Thank you this is helpful. Logically speaking wouldn’t it follow that if oral minoxidil were dangerous at these doses, we would have case reports correct? I imagine you have a portal as a physician that lets you check of any such case reports? Is there any retrospective data that shows what the minimum, average, median doses are for severe side effects?  Hopefully I’m making sense here but i could only find one case study of a woman with kidney disease in her 60s having a cardiac effusion at 0.625 mg. Wasn’t shown to be causal. She had several preexisting conditions and poor health to begin with but used the min for lowering BP it seemed.

I guess my main issue is that I have yet to see literature where a cardiologist is closely following patients on low oral minoxidil over a period of 2-5 yrs +. I really would like to take oral minoxidil but this is my limitation.

The cardiologist, I don’t believe, use minoxidil for high blood pressure anymore as there are much better drugs. The dermatologists and hair doctors look out for Cardiac Effusions reports and when they see them, they look to see the dosage that caused it.



from BaldingBlog - Hair Loss Info https://ift.tt/3nMc2he
Health Tips 8444555393487081359

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Home item