Loading...

Telogen effluvium or genetic hair loss in young man?

I saw two different dermatologists. The first just ran her fingers through my hair and said I had alopecia. She recommended minoxidil topical and neutrofol. The second used a microscope, and I think she said I had telogen effluvium. She recommended minoxidil 2.5 mg and a topical mixture from a compounding pharmacy of minoxidil along with a small amount of finasteride (I think 7% minoxidil with 1% finasteride). So, based on what I have read, I thought I would try 1.25 mg oral minoxil. I know you can’t give advice, but in general, is topical minoxidil along with oral minoxidil necessary? Do you think finasteride is necessary for those with a lot of hair and have caught this early? Are there any other DHT, i.e. saw palmetto, etc. blockers that have been found to help with hair loss? Also, is it ever too early to start derma rolling? 

Telogen Effluvium in a healthy young man is very unusual.  If a young man has hair loss, it is genetic in over 90% of men. Did the doctor determine where and how much miniaturization you had?  How did the dermatologist determine you had TE?  What you need is a solid diagnosis before committing a lifetime to drugs.  



from BaldingBlog - Hair Loss Info https://ift.tt/dKSsuR0
Health Tips 4628816130080946785

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Home item