Loading...

Am I a candidate? (photo)

I am 39 years old.  I have not taken any medication for my hair loss.  

I have written about this before on Reddit. Medical treatment is important, but at 39, it is unlikely that you will get a good response to it. It is worth trying anyway. I am concerned about the pattern of balding you are showing. I want to ascertain that this is genetic, not a form of autoimmune disease, as your pattern is not classic for genetic balding. Good doctors routinely perform trichoscopy to rule out diseases of the recipient and donor areas. I would look at the nature of the hair and the skin in and around the balding area. If I am concerned, then I would biopsy the areas of concern because autoimmune diseases of the scalp kill hair transplants. Assuming you have no autoimmune scalp disease, I would establish your lifetime donor supply of grafts, including (1) donor density and (2) hair shaft thickness of the donor’s hairs. This will tell the surgeon what you will look like after the hair transplant, which should be shared with you. Not all grafts are equal; for example, coarse hair has 10 times the value of very fine hair (cosmetic-wise). Hair transplant science is well-established today.



from BaldingBlog - Hair Loss Info https://ift.tt/OHS6K8s
Health Tips 1368601996508134482

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Home item